North West Roofing
Denver , CO 80201
Posted 4 months ago
The Accounting Coordinator provides accounting and administrative support within a fast-paced, well established growing construction services company and has been in business since 1963. Responsibilities include high volume accounts payable entries requiring accuracy and timeliness, general data and invoice entry, updating and maintaining documents and templates and supporting Team Members in a friendly and service-minded manner. The Accounting Coordinator reports to the Owner & President and Chief Operating Officer and responsible to other key team members like the CFO services company. This an exciting long-term opportunity for a accounting professional who desires to grow themselves personally and professionally.
Manage expense reports, credit card receipt entries and reconciliations
Manage bank account reconciliations
Backup Office Coordinator for General Reception, Telephones & Meeting Coordination
Input progress invoices according to cost coding and GL accounting procedures
Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policies
Perform general administrative tasks and data entry
File Electronic Documents
Compile information to maintain company policies and procedures Other duties as may be reasonably assigned
- Enter all jobs into Salesforce, Trello, and QuickBooks.
- Follow up with reps on emergency POs for job turn in.
- Create any contracts or miscellaneous personal documents at Toms request
- Notarize documents
- Fill out company information on bid packets for reps
- Request bonds (bid bonds, payment and performance bonds, etc.)
- Work with insurance brokers to obtain insurance bids at Toms request.
- Request COIs from our broker for our vendors who require them.
- Order office supplies and miscellaneous items at Toms request.
- Pay any invoices that come through email and mail
- On-board new personnel
- Handle paperwork when a person is let go or quits.
- Prep for Department of Labor audit.
- Fix generic IT issues for the office.
- Request credits from materials suppliers if they were missing from a file.
- Enter all Materials Invoices in QuickBooks.
- Cost Outs
- Record incoming payments
- Record and prepare bank deposits.
- Record credit card deposits.
- Download and categorize all banking and credit card transactions.
- Categorize transactions into the correct accounts. Tie costs to jobs.
- Check credit card balances so we dont go over limit
- Add any marketing or event expenses to the marketing tracking spreadsheet.
- Audit for MLIIP files ready for payment
- Audit transactions to make sure receipts have been received
- Download Toms personal credit card transactions
- Water Office Plants
- Review all costs associated with jobs not yet turned in.
- Review all job statuses on open jobs in QuickBooks and move to the correct status
- Weekly Reports
- Prep Office Payroll
- Prep Vendor Payroll
- Record all draws on spreadsheet
- Work with CFO company on their monthly reporting and reconciliations.
- Review calendar for any upcoming employee anniversaries or birthdays.
- Reconcile all bank accounts and credit card accounts, to include Toms personal cards.
- Pay rent for Denver, Raton, & Las Cruces offices.
- Audit all vendors in QuickBooks to make sure we have their EIN & insurance expiration dates entered.
- Audit all customers in QuickBooks to make sure that AR in QuickBooks matches AR in Salesforce.
- Download report of all Toms distributions from NWR and record in his personal QuickBooks.
- Assess finance charges on payment plan customers
- File CRS tax for NWB & RWC
- Reconcile all bank accounts and credit cards
- Review I-9 files for expired I-9s
- Request Quarterly rebate reports for Owens Corning
- File sales & use tax for quarterly reporting entities
- Prep for and conduct Workers compensation audit with Pinnacol auditor
- Prep for and conduct General Liability audit with insurance auditor
- Organize company trip to Mexico
- Maintain company status with Colorado Secretary of State for all business entities, including Toms rental company.
- Maintain out of state company status with state entities (i.e. Wyoming, AZ, NM, etc.)
- Gather tax documentation and send to accountant for year-end taxes on all companies.
- File sales & use taxes for yearly entities
- Prep and send 1099s
- Distribute W-2s
Education, Competencies and Skills
Minimum 2 year accounting degree
Minimum 5+ years working as a full charge accountant with accounts payable, progress billing, collections, credit card reconciliations, bonding/reporting, insurance, etc.
Understanding of insurance claims for construction services, collections, liens etc.
Experience with QuickBooks enterprise construction services, trello and sales force
Experience working with and maintaining confidential business matters
Must be well organized, a self-starter, detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable and strong work ethic
Proficient in excel and word
Possess strong organizational and time management skills
Strong skills in problem solving, documentation and multi-tasking
Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities
Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Commensurate on experience.