Accessibility Support Engineer
Redmond , WA 98052
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our major tech client based in Redmond, WA is looking for an experienced support engineer to join their Accessibility support team.
This team works on making technology accessible for people with disabilities. You will get exposure many new and upcoming developments in the sphere of accessibility-oriented design.
We are looking for an accessibility escalation engineer that will drive for improved user experiences of our client's products and services. The ideal candidate will have a wide range of skills and understanding for all aspects of disability, including visual, mobility, hearing, cognitive, and speech impairments, and how accessibility can drive improvements to the overall user experience.
- Evaluating and improving the agent-facing technical knowledge content strategy to enable their success. Also critical is deep empathy of disability and technical understanding of accessibility.
- Evaluate customer feedback on accessibility products and features and create bugs in the system after validating the feedback.
- Provide direct support for executive escalations and timely resolution for customer issues
- Handle and resolve complex technical issues and provide timely resolution
- Become an SME in accessibility and deliver brown bags and collaborate on new and existing training.
- Perform weekly calibration of customer interaction (Chats, Calls) and identify opportunities to improve support experience by providing specific actionable feedback
- Monitor the Tier 3 support queues and provide global support for questions/issues as required by outsource T1/2/3 vendors and escalated customers, ensuring timely and constant communication to affected user(s) as required. Collaboration with the depth EE team representing issues needing immediate attention.
- Work with the Social media team to provide technical assistance and making sure the customer issues are resolved.
- Knowledge Sharing Accessibility Consult, collaborate and take customer escalations when necessary
- Deliver high-quality customer and partner experience (CPE) through timely response and resolution.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our can do attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate related technical and business
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in an IT, or equivalent, work-related environment (consulting, software development, 2nd or 3rd tier technical support, training development)
- Demonstrated strength in data and root-cause analysis
- Demonstrated ability to recover from dissatisfied customer situations
- Comfortable in communicating data broadly
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information to customers, including those with disabilities
Nice to Have
- Expertise and knowledge of Accessibility features and 3rd Party Accessibility Providers (Preferred)
- Experience with Accessibility standards and guidelines such as 508, 255, CVAA and WCAG.
- Certification in accessibility is preferred. Examples: Trusted Tester, CPACC (Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies).
- Proficiency with assistive technology such as Narrator, JAWS, NVDA, Dragon (speech to text technology).
At Keywords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and select holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits