Bridge Education Group, Inc.
Denver , CO 80201
Posted 2 months ago
Are you looking for a fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment where you can make a difference? Do you enjoy working as a part of a customer service team that is passionate about international education? Then this position may be right for you!
Bridge is seeking a qualified and energetic Academic Manager to provide excellent academic oversight and management to our ESL and Foreign Language programs, and outstanding customer service and academic support to international students at Bridge Education Group.
Bridge Education Group, Inc. (Bridge) has been a world leader in language education and teacher training for over 30 years. Based in Denver, Colorado, Bridge is a global company with operations in Argentina and Chile. Through our 4 main divisions, we offer services in English as a second language (BridgeEnglish), education abroad (BridgePathways), translations and interpretations (BridgeLanguages), and teaching English as a foreign or second language (BridgeTEFL). With just over 70 full-time employees and teachers and trainers stretched across the world, Bridge comprises a diverse group of nationalities and cultures. Each year, we serve thousands of students, volunteers, and teachers from every corner of the globe. Please visit us at www.bridge.edu.
What makes Bridge different? Our people and our culture. Bridge is a multi-cultural and welcoming environment that is fast-paced, service-oriented and entrepreneurial. Our values and mission are an integral part of our culture: excellence, integrity, learning, innovation and teamwork. Transforming peoples lives through international education is what motivates us.
Academic Manager (Full-Time)
BridgeEnglish Language Center in Central Denver
Reports to: Center Director
Start Date: September 2018
The Academic Manager is the main point person regarding all academics at Bridge including academic progress, instructional supervision and evaluation, curriculum development, implementation, compliance, and academic standards and inquiries at BridgeEnglish, Denver. The Academic Manager supports teachers and students in achieving academic objectives and ensures high academic standards through classroom observation, the monitoring of student progress, conflict resolution, and communication with Bridge teachers and staff. The Academic Manager helps develop and implement school-wide polices for students and teachers in compliance with internal and external regulations, monitors and enforces those policies and maintains accurate student and instructional records.
As the Academic Manager, you will:
- Manage Bridge instructional staff with duties including:
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for direct reports and instructional staff.
- Provide opportunities for professional development (PD) for instructional staff. Ensure documentation all PD activities
- Recruit, hire and onboard new teachers and staff. Terminate teachers and staff.
- Send and monitor teacher evaluations from students.
- Conduct regular classroom observations and weekly drop ins. Provide regular feedback from observations.
- Ensure teachers are using the communicative teaching approach.
- Manage teacher availability and approve or deny time off requests as needed.
- Lead weekly meetings for instructional staff.
- Ensure timely and accurate assessment/exam delivery and grade entry by instructional staff.
- Curriculum Management
- Ensure curriculum and curriculum support materials are maintained up to date, accessible and followed by instructional staff.
- Curriculum ordering and assignment
- Pilot and implement new curriculum and updates as necessary.
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of curriculum delivery. Assess and improve instructional program (AEP/BEP/GEP) on a regular basis.
- Create and monitor assessments, midterms, and finals as they align with term dates and program SLOs.
- Testing and Student Placement
- Assist with initial level placement, conduct placement, progress, and exit proficiency exams.
- Student Advising, Instruction, and Academic Progress
- Schedule and document all academic advising sessions. Counsel students on program selection, setting goals, academic success strategies, level changes, and, if applicable, university degree programs, preferably with Bridge university partners.
- Address student underperformance and student conduct. Issue and document academic and/or student conduct pro bation notices as necessary, and advise on best course of action.
- Act as Designated School Official for F-1 visa students.
- Teach ESL classes of all levels as needed and attend student activities as needed to assist in fostering a positive and engaged environment for international students studying abroad
- Clerical / Administrative
- Collect, monitor, and file teacher lesson plans
- Review and update ped books as necessary
- Class Scheduling and hours management
- Send academic reports to student sponsors (e.g., embassies, companies, and/or agents) as requested.
- Track grades and issue progress and final grade reports as necessary
Desired Experience and
- 1+ years in Academic Management Role
- Minimum Bachelors degree in English or related field and a CELTA/ TEFL Equivalent Certificate (must have an assessed practicum experience). MA in TESOL highly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience and a demonstrated track record of teaching adult ESL international teaching experience is a plus.
- DSO experience a plus.
- Experience working with Salesforce a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of management experience a plus.
- Experience working at a small- or medium-sized company.
- Experience working in an international environment a plus.
- Student focus and cultural sensitivity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to organize, manage, and plan lessons for multiple classes, levels, and skills
- Adept with technology across platforms for use in the classroom
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to establish rapport with students of diverse backgrounds and work well with all levels of staff.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Must possess a professional demeanor and demonstrate discretion and tact in an international environment
- Ability to multi-task and complete a variety assignments accurately and on time. Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and fast learner; able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Bridge offers medical benefits, paid time off and other insurance benefits.
Cover letter MUST include your salary requirements and available start date. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States. The company is looking to fill this position immediately. You are encouraged to apply before September 3rd, 2018.