Academic And Behavior Support Staff
New Story Schools
Harrisburg , PA 17101
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
New Story School is currently seeking a qualified Academic and Behavior Support Staff to join our clinical team at our location in Harrisburg, PA. The Academic and Behavior Support Staff works collaboratively with Special Education teachers to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students. Hourly staff will be eligible to be paid for 52 weeks, which includes pay for all days when school is not in session as designated on the school calendar. This includes holidays, school closures due to weather, & summer days outside of ESY.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the implementation of the students individualized Education (IEP)
- Assist students within the classroom/program setting during participation in special subjects such as Physical Education, Vocational programs and Field trips.
- Implement appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Observe/Record data related to behavioral concerns to assess/monitor the progress of the student
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Three months of experience working with the population of children/adolescents to which they are assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A passion for helping others
- Great attention to details
- A positive can-do attitude
Eligible New Story employees will receive:
- Competitive pay, benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Employee Discount program
- Rewards program
- Potential for growth within the company
- 401k options and paid school holidays for full time employee
New Story is an Equal Opportunity employer. For more information about New Story Schools, careers and benefits, please visit our website www.joinnewstory.com