Posted Today 12/13/2017 12:00:00 AMGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
As a member of the Room Service team, the individual will be tasked to assist and deliver in a pleasant, friendly and timely manner patient specific high-quality food and exemplary service to patients, guests, and staff.
This position requires working with and assisting other members of the Room Service team and Hospital staff to ensure that all patients receive prescribed foods, and guests and staff receive requested food following Federal, State, Local and hospital sanitation and safety procedures. As outlined in the Food Service Department's HAACP program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare aesthetically pleasing and 100% accurate trays within 45 minutes of patient ordering meal.
2. Participate in a restaurant-style cold/hot production in preparing the highest quality food product in accordance to departmental standards. This includes preparing select food items for meal service.
3. Deliver complete and accurate trays and food requests no later than 45 minutes of placing order and collecting trays no later than 1 hour after tray delivery while compiling with the departmental policies and procedures for tray delivery and pickup. Including verifying patient's menu selections to food items served on the tray and then immediately fixing mistakes. Delivery of food requests could be to an inpatient or outpatient area of the hospital.
4. Act upon patient meal service requests either by resolving the issue directly or alerting issues to the call center or supervisor.
5. To contact a supervisor or diet tech to substitute an item.
6. Deliver nourishments to patient bedside and floor nourishment areas. According to guidelines, inventory and order nursing station refrigerator supplies.
7. Record nursing station refrigerator temperatures to document food stored according to state–local-JCAHO regulations.
8. Bill and collect the cost of a guest or staff order in the form of cash, check, or credit card. Does not accept gratuities to perform assigned work duties.
9. Adhere to hospital and departmental hand hygiene policy and procedures.
10. Inventory and restock food and equipment, prior to meal service and assure adequate levels during meal service.
11. To operate equipment for meal service, including coffeemaker, toaster, microwave oven, mixer, blender and other necessary equipment for meal service.
12. Clean and sanitize equipment according to departmental policy. Perform cleaning duties as assigned. May need to assist with dish room tasks.
13. Assist in orientation and on-the-job training of new Room Service Team members and Dietetic Interns.
14. For administrative purposes, monitor, collect and/or record operation specific data.
15. Perform duties of other Room Service Team members when required and skill appropriate.
16. Adhere to departmental and hospital policies and procedures and other foodservice regulations at all time.
17. Participate in and monitors, according to preset criteria, sanitation and safety procedures – including HACCP program.
18. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. The position requires the ability to read, write and speak English, to follow and give oral and written instructions, to be able to communicate with patients, hospital personnel, and co-workers. This level is normally acquired through completion of a high school education.
2. Bilingual preferred.
3. High school education and 1-2 years of work experience preferably in food service or customer service. A basic supervisory course is strongly recommended.
4. Knowledge of therapeutic diet orders.
5. Knowledge of the food and restaurant regulations set by the federal, Massachusetts and Boston City Health Codes and Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospitals.
6. Must have computer skills and basic mathematics knowledge, including ability to work with money and cash registers.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Must be pleasant and friendly, flexible, hard-worker, and work well with others.
2. Must have good hand-eye coordination, good manual dexterity and a good attention span.
3. Must have the ability to communicate well in order to discuss semi-complex and involved information with other employees, staff members, patients or general public in a sensitive manner.
4. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of patient information obtained through the hospital computer system and employee information obtained from employee files.
5. Must be able to adhere and enforce new or updated policies and procedures.
6. Prior experience in the field of nutrition is a plus.
7. Ability to read, write, and speak another language is a plus.
8. Must be able to multi-task and handle pressure particularly associated with time constraints due to delivery requirements.
9. Must be able to inventory food, supplies and menus and make appropriate adjustments.
10. Must be able to take and record food and equipment temperatures accurately and appropriately.
1. Possible on feet for most part of the day (90%).
2. Involves occasional lifting of items up to 25 lbs., pushing and pulling food carts.
3. Works in heated and air-conditioned office, patient floor, and kitchen.
4. Work involves occupational risks commensurate with work hazards and physical requirements, i.e., wet slippery floors, chemical solutions, handling hot water and soup (180-190 degrees), frequent bending and tray handling.
5. Consequence of errors ranges from no harm to serious harm such as incorrect trays to patients, injured employees and broken equipment.
6. Work involves rotating shifts as early as 6:00 AM to as late as 11:30 PM, required to work weekends and holidays.
HOSPITAL WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners; follows safe practices required for the position; complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures; fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners, as appropriate; brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.
Brigham And Women's Hospital
Posted 2 days ago 12/11/2017 12:00:00 AMPart-Time Position Available Immediately
JCC Greater Boston in Newton, Massachusetts is seeking a Locker Room Attendant to provide excellent customer service to members in the private Women's Adult Locker Room. Responsible for keeping locker room neat, cleaned and organized. Duties include laundry (pick up, wash and fold towels), restock vanity area, make coffee, general upkeep and organize the lounge area.
Candidates must have good customer service skills, their own transportation and must be reliable. Sunday and Wednesday afternoons are available to start with the potential for additional hours.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617.558.6411.
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization where families can access a wide range of learning, fitness, camping, and enrichment resources while connecting with a vibrant local Jewish community. Serving more than 50,000 people each year, we engage more Jews and the people in their lives than almost every other Jewish institution in Boston combined.
Jccs Of North America
Posted Today 12/13/2017 12:00:00 AMLife Time is currently seeking a Locker Room Attendant to drive success in our Operations Department.
As the Locker Room Attendant, you will be responsible for providing clean and orderly locker rooms for our members while ensuring that common areas are maintained and orderly. The ability to multi-task and handle emergency situations is essential in this role.
* Ensure your assigned locker room is clean and orderly by completing both light and heavy cleaning
* Perform various reoccurring maintenance tasks
* Build relationships with members by providing them with top-notch customer service
* Ensure operations projects and tasks do not interfere with member experience
* Consistently wash, fold, and stock member towels
* High School Diploma or GED Preferred
* Six-months to one-year customer service experience
* CPR/AED certification required within first 30 days of hire
Life Time Fitness
Posted Today 12/13/2017 12:00:00 AMJob Description
A Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning guest rooms and responding to guest requests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Room Attendant, you would be responsible for cleaning guest rooms and responding to guest requests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Clean guest rooms as assigned, including, but not limited to, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting and vacuuming
* Change and replenish bed linens, towels and guest amenities, as needed
* Perform deep cleaning tasks, as needed
* Stock, maintain and transport housekeeping supply cart on a daily basis
* Dispose of trash and recyclables
* Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
* Perform guest turn down service, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
* Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
* Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
* Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
* Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
* Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
* Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
* Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Posted 2 days ago 12/11/2017 12:00:00 AMJob Summary
For some, traveling and being away is fun; however, many travelers miss being home. Our Housekeeping team makes our hotels feel like home. As a Room Attendant, your contribution helps ensure guests an enjoyable and comfortable stay.
As a Room Attendant at The Charles Hotel, you will
* Clean, dust, polish and vacuum to make sure guest rooms and bathrooms meet hotel standards.
* Change linens, make beds, and leave the bathroom sparkling.
* Restock all guest room supplies, like soap and shampoo.
* Organize your linen closet, restock your cart, and get ready for the next day, before your shift ends each day.
* Greet guests that you encounter during your shift with a friendly smile.
To be successful in this role, you need basic English communication skills. This job requires continuous movement, regularly bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, and moving up to 25-30 pounds. You will also lift or move up to 50 pounds occasionally. You must also be able to stand and walk for an entire shift and perform repetitive motions.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an EEO/AA/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans Employer. Click here and here to navigate to the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Interstate Hotels & Resort
Posted 2 days ago 12/11/2017 12:00:00 AMHere's your opportunity to "Work on the Bright Side®"! La Quinta Inns & Suites®, a leader in the hospitality industry, is searching for Room Attendants who havean eye for cleanliness and take pride in what they do. This position is primarily responsible for cleaning public areas, guest rooms and bathrooms. Other duties include stocking supply carts, room deep-cleaning projects, and assisting with other duties as needed. Our Room Attendants are measured by the amount of time it takes to complete their assigned rooms, the quality of their work, and other company goals. The ideal candidate will be a flexible team player who wants to be the bright spot in our customer's day.
Other key duties include:
* Replenish guest rooms and baths with amenities, supplies, and linen and terry in accordance with Company standards
* Inspect rooms for repairs or fixtures that are not working properly; replace batteries, light bulbs, etc.
* Report requests for repairs to supervisor or maintenance department in accordance with hotel procedures
* After cleaning each room and bath, report room status to front desk
If you are hard-working, detail-oriented, and have general knowledge of cleaning chemicals and how to safely use them, this is your opportunity to grow and become part of the La Quinta family!
Candidates with previous housekeeping or cleaning experience are preferred.
Keywords: maid, janitorial, house cleaning, commercial cleaning, hospital cleaning, part time cleaning, part-time cleaning, office cleaning, full-time cleaning, full time cleaning,
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirements:
* Must be able to lift 25 – 50 lbs.
* Must be able to spend the majority of the day walking, twisting, bending, pushing/pulling and kneeling while cleaning
* Strong attention to detail required
* Must be able to follow written and verbal directions
* Previous housekeeping or cleaning experience preferred
* Must be flexible in hours and days available to work
* Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions
La Quinta Inns Inc